Turn your old bottles into an elegant lamp. Just invert Tipsy and it will automatically turn on by itself. Then simply dock it over the neck of any bottle and you have made yourself a lamp. The beauty of this lamp is that the shade of the bottle depicts the hue and intensity of the light that the unit will emit. In winter you might want to use an amber lamp to bask in a deep warm light, whereas in summer you might want a more tranquil turquoise light.
Check out the Demo Video!
Hey, look what I found!
- Simply ‘tip’ the unit to turn it on. When done, set it back upright and the light will automatically extinguish.
- Featuring polished copper, and charred pine with a polished high gloss finish.
- A luminant perspex core adds depth of character to the lamp.
- Universal fit should suit almost any conventional bottle.
- The pine in this piece is salvaged from local industrial skips and other assorted offcuts.
- Small leather feet on the underside of the lamp base are factory scraps from luxury car manufacturers.
- Some of the copper is almost always old salvage from around my own workshop or seconds from the local plumbing supply yard.
- The lamp runs of Extra Low Voltage 12V plug-pack highlighted with a decorative fabric sheath covering power lead. This enhancement created from reclaimed from local footwear company seconds and spares to give a powerful vintage appearance.
Other Build Aspects
- Designed to run durable, energy efficient LED globe (included). Each LED is rated run approximately 50,000 hours, to the average consumer this means a comfortable 6 years of use.
- Handmade from 100% locally sourced materials.
- Every build is accompanied by a certified letter of authenticity.
- Minor customizations are considered.
- Bottle not included.
- As products are built to order the lead time can be 2/3 weeks. However the lead time barely extends over 1 week. Feel free to inquire about current lead times.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before purchasing.
Tipsy turns any old bottle into an elegant lamp.
- Produces 110lm of warm white light (LED globe included).
- Only draws 1.8W when in use. Thats 1/4 the consumption of the equivalent incandescent.
- The lamp runs off a 12V DC power supply that plugs directly into Australian standard wall socket.
- Each LED globe has a rated lifespan of 50,000 hrs. The equivalent to 6 years of constant use.
- ≈ 10H x 7.5W (cm)
- Pure copper
- Charred pine
~Because I believe in transparency~
Labour ≈ $42 total
Time ≈ 1.2 hours of labour in total (+2 days curing time)
Materials ≈ $33 (average)
Markup (for overheads etc.) ≈ 13%
|Dimensions||10 x 8 x 17 cm|